Strong Heriot Watt Presence at SIEF 2017
A call for papers is now available for the next congress of the Société Internationale d'Ethnologie et de Folklore (SIEF) taking place in Göttingen, Germany, on 26-30 March 2017.
A number of IRC staff, doctoral students and collaborators have submitted panels which are now open for paper proposals:
- Máiréad Nic Craith (HWU), Katarzyna Kosmala (University of the West of Scotland) and Cristina Clopot (HWU) - Home-making and post-industrial waterfronts
- Ullrich Kockel (HWU), Katriina Siivonen and Jaana Kouri (Turku/Finland) - WORKSHOP: The changing time and rhythms of water
- Vitalija Stepušaitytė (HWU) and Christos Kakalis (Newcastle, UK) - Temporalities of dwelling elsewhere: placing and displacing home
- Kerstin Pfeiffer (HWU) and Jonas Frykman (Lund/Sweden) - Home is where the heart is - broken?
- Stella Butter (Koblenz-Landau), Nourit Melcer-Padon (Hebrew University, Jerusalem) and Zuzanna Bulat Silva (University of Wrocław) - (Dis)comforts of home: historical and cultural perspectives (part of our Cultural Imaginaries of Home programme)
The deadline for paper proposals is 7 November 2016.