The IRC welcomes enquiries from prospective research students interested in pursuing MPhil/PhD study.
The IRC offers a broad range of expertise, including for example:
- Intangible Cultural Heritages (Nic Craith)
- Heritage and Performance (Pfeiffer)
- Place and Dis-Placement, Memory and Commemoration in Europe (Kockel/Sargeant)
- Multiculturalism in the Public Sphere (Strani)
- The Dynamics of Multilingual Societies (O'Rourke)*
- Multimodal Translation in Museum Spaces (Liao)*
- Film / Documentary (Böser)
- Written Communication in Business Contexts (McLaren-Hankin)
*=Supervision for projects under these themes that focus primarily on language aspects of interpreting and/or translation may be shared with colleagues in the CTISS, or located entirely in that Centre.
The competition for LINCS/SML Scholarships tenable at the IRC for 2016-19 is now closed. Scholarships for 2017-20 will be advertised early in the new year.
Externally/Self-funded PhD Projects
We welcome enquiries from suitably qualified candidates funded from other sources who are interested in developing projects relevant to the Centre's research programme.
For more information on how to apply, please contact Ms Caroline Murray.
Research students with a suitable project may apply for membership of the international doctoral training programme Transformations in European Societies.