The Intercultural Research Centre seeks to make an impact by addressing national and international priorities in relation to its key research themes, especially in the areas of Cultural Heritages, Language Policy and Planning, and Sustainable Development.
The following objectives are stepping stones towards our impact aims:
1. To target support at research projects capable of a significant social and cultural impact
2. To prioritise external funding bids aimed at developing research in high impact areas
3. To allocate a portion of our resources to supporting events where our research is disseminated to a broad audience
4. To cultivate links with community organisations in spheres to which our research is relevant
5. To develop further our collaborations with industrial and commercial organisations
6. To enhance further our liaison with government bodies and NGOs in the policy arena